The internet makes it so easy to be inventive and creative with our social media platforms. Hence snapping a selfie, posting pictures, and with instant automatic “likes” the possibilities are endless. You hear the word Google and the term “I should just Google it” comes to mind. Whether it is to learn how to do a simple task, buying a gift for a love one, or just wanting to know an answer to a question. Have you ever thought about taking your Google experience social by using Google plus? This little social gem has been opening doors to a whole new way of marketing.
Google Plus will no longer be available for consumers in August 2019! Read our updated article on Google Plus.
Getting Social on Google Plus: A new way of Marketing
What is Google Plus (Google+)?
- Launched by Google in June 2011.
- It has 400 million* registered users.
- Users add friends to their ‘circles’ to share content and to video chat.
- The top branded pages on Google+ (Google Plus) have several million followers.
What can Google+ do for you?
See an average increase of 5-10%* in search and click-through rates with Google+. (Google Plus)
Why use Google+?
Boost online marketing performance.
- Get closer to potential customers when they’re online and engaged.
- Increase awareness with Google+ recommendations. Customers’ circles can see the brands and companies that they are following on Google+.
- Build trust – potential customers look favorably on brands if they see that people in their circles like them.
Getting started with Google+ is easy.
Get started in only 3 steps.
- Create a Google+ page and get it verified. It will be the centre of your brand’s identity on Google.
- Add the Google+ badge to your company website to help grow your Google+ followers.
- Link your Google+ page to your ads.
This is how your page could look.
Link your Google+ page to your ads.
- Get more recommendations, follows, clicks and potential customers by linking your page and your ads.
- Linking combines the +1’s on
Google+ pages with campaigns.
- This helps to increase an ad’s
click-through rate by 5-10%*.
Measuring the impact of Google+.
By using the +1 Annotations section in Google AdWords Reporting, it is easy to see full statistics including clicks, impressions and click-through rates for campaigns linked to your brand’s Google+ page.
Getting Social on Google Plus: Makes your experience social and engaging.
Like I said, this little social gem has been opening doors to a whole new way of marketing. Google Plus is breaking the trends and making waves, if you want to know more and get some insight; take a look on google’s plus site!